Workshop for sensitive men & women
starting Autumn 2015
If you have often been told you: are “too sensitive” or “think too much” it can often make you feel as though you are somehow made wrong.
You may be made of the deep and need to reflect on the world around you… some people might love this in you, and whilst sometimes you like it, it can sometimes leave you feeling totally overwhelmed and confused at why other people seem to be ok with it all.
I want to change that sense you carry with you that you are made wrong. I’d like to start that process as soon as possible and so I invite you to join me for a weekend workshop in Edinburgh in the Autumn of 2015 for men and women. It will be a workshop which will value who you are, the space you need and the type of connection you thrive on.
Is this workshop for me?
- Do you often feel overwhelmed when others seem not to be?
- Do you need to reflect deeply on things and people have told you “you think too much”?
- Are you deeply affected by others moods and others have told you that you are “too sensitive”?
- Do you feel things more deeply or intensely than others seem to?
- Are you sensitive in other ways, such as to noise, types of food, lighting and/or environment?
If you answered yes to most of these then, yes, this course is probably for you. However, I want you to be totally sure and I want to make sure this course gives you what you want; so I would like to offer a free one-to-one session where we can discuss & understand your experience of sensitivity. I’ll also explain more about the course and my approach (which is totally sensitive person friendly). Get in contact to meet with me for an absolutely no pressure chat about the course and you. I’d hope you could gain some insight and tools to help you value your sensitivity during this chat.
What will the course be like?
Firstly, my co-facilitators and I will be there to value you as you are, and I will try to create a supportive environment that will allow you to feel comfortable. This will mean there will be absolutely:
- NO ice-breakers
- NO having to talk in front of everyone
- NO enforced chit chat
- Sitting at the back, being cautious, doodling and snacking throughout warmly welcomed
- Dedicated quiet spaces for reflection
- Lovely exercises, which respect your sensitivity, to connect with others
It will be held in Edinburgh over a weekend. It will be based in a comfortable, homely space with rooms to be quiet, and hopefully to outside space to access. Food and drinks will be provided which will support your sensitive system.
What will the course cover?
Some of this will depend on the needs you and other participants have, as I want it to be the best it can…. but at the moment it looks like this:
- Learn more about what it is to be sensitive and reflect on your experience
- Learn ways to deal with your overwhelm and create plans unique to you
- Value yours and other’s sensitivity
- Develop new ways to care for yourself
- Feel better about who you are and how you are in the world
- Belong to a community of people who ‘get you’ without having to hide your depth of feeling
- There will be talks by other professionals to help us all to reflect on the various ways we can care for our whole selves.
If this sounds great to you, please sign up here to find out more, and/or get in contact to come and meet with me (in person or on skype).